This Olimex PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220 is an ARDUINO-UNO like board with PIC32MX220F032D.
Generally, this board outperforms ARDUINO-UNO in regard to hardware capabilities as you can see from the table below,
* require additional chip FT232 or ATMega with USB
** hardware allows power down to 10 uA operation for hand-held battery apps
The only Pinguino shortcoming compared with Arduino is the smaller community and the fewer projects available ready for use.
- PIC32MX220F032D 32 bit, 40 Mhz microcontroller 32KB Flash 8KB RAM
- Ultra Low Power design
- Li-Po battery connector for hand-held applications
- UEXT connector which allows many existing modules like RF, ZIGBEE, GSM, GPS to be connected
- Two LEDs
- One USER BUTTON
- RESET button
- A Mini USB connector is used, which is common and used in most cell phones, so you do not have to buy other cables
- All PIC ports available on a 0.1″ connector match the ARDUINO platform and the second row with correct 0.1″ step
- The ICSP signals provided on a 0.1″ step connector if you do not want to use Pinguino IDE and you want to program this board with PIC-KIT3.
Package Includes :
1 x Olimex PIC32-PINGUINO-MX220